Let’s face it – the feeling of getting old is bittersweet. While for some, age is just a number, for some others, it is much more than that. It is about being matured and becoming more connected to the divine.
But whatever it is; it’s always better to keep everything fun and happy. And therefore, here are 20 funny quotes about growing old.
- As you grow older, three things happen. The First is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. – Sir Norman Wisdom.
- I’m 59, and people call me middle aged. How many 118-year-old men do you know? – Barry Cryer.
- Old age is when you resent the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated because there are fewer articles to read. – George Burns.
- As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer. – Robert Quillen.
- You know you are getting old when you can’t walk past a bathroom without thinking “I may as well pee while I’m here.” – Anonymous.
- I’m still hot; it just comes in flashes now. – Anonymous.
- With age comes skills… It’s called multitasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze, and pee at the same time. – Anonymous.
- Why am I getting older and wider; instead of older and wiser? – Anonymous.
- People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it’s more about the state of your body. – Geoffrey Parfitt.
- You know you’re getting old when everything hurt. And what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work. —Hy Gardner.
- In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups. In old age, we yearn to be kids. It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn’t have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order. – Robert Brault.
- Old age is like flying through a storm. Once you’re aboard, there’s nothing you can do. – Golda Meir.
- Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age. – William Feather.
- My first advice on how not to grow old would be to choose your ancestors carefully. –Bertrand Russell.
- Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. –Caryn Leschen.
- Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to. – Bill Vaughan.
- To get back my youth, I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. – Oscar Wild.
- The first forty years of life give us the text; the next thirty supply the commentary on it. –Arthur Schopenhauer.
- Don’t worry about temptation as you grow older, it starts avoiding you. – Anonymous.
- Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you. – Ogden Nash.
Old age is indeed beautiful if you know how to tackle it. Have fun, enjoy the time that you have now. Life is short – you never know when you start valuing it the most.