Gardening can be very fascinating activity. It has many health and therapeutic benefits. It is actually enjoyable exercise and encourages the use of all motor skills. Working outdoors can actually reduce the stress levels and promotes relaxation. Gardening can bring you social interaction. Best of all is that you can enjoy home-grown products like flowers, fruits and vegetables.
- Immediately attend any cuts or insect bites.
- Be careful with the use of power tools.
- Be careful if you have slippery and uneven paths in the garden.
- Warm up your body before gardening and make sure to take regular breaks.
- Take into consideration sun exposure and put on a hat.
- Store all garden equipment safely.
There are many activities associated with gardening like:
- Harvesting food and flowers
- Sensory enjoyment – smelling, touching, looking, listening, remembering
- Crafts & hobbies
- Food preparation
Gardening for seniors is healthy physical activity, which helps maintain mobility and flexibility. Seniors can modify all equipment to suit their physical needs.